ارسل ملاحظاتك

ارسل ملاحظاتك لنا







The Role of Technical Progress in Promoting Economic Growth in the MENA Region

المصدر: المجلة العلمية للاقتصاد والتجارة
الناشر: جامعة عين شمس - كلية التجارة
المؤلف الرئيسي: Eltayb, Amira Tohamy (Auth)
المجلد/العدد: ع3
محكمة: نعم
الدولة: مصر
التاريخ الميلادي: 2018
الصفحات: 523 - 558
DOI: 10.21608/JSEC.2018.39407
ISSN: 2636-2562
رقم MD: 1050387
نوع المحتوى: بحوث ومقالات
اللغة: الإنجليزية
قواعد المعلومات: EcoLink
مواضيع:
رابط المحتوى:
صورة الغلاف QR قانون
حفظ في:
المستخلص: This study aims at the determination of the main sources of economic growth, while focusing on the role of technical progress in promoting sustainable economic growth in the MENA region during the period 1991-2014. In order to achieve its goal, this study has been divided into two stages. In the first stage, the determination of the main sources of economic growth is carried out through the estimation of the contribution of the various production factors by using the Cobb-Douglas production function and the fixed effects model and relying on Hausman test. The first stage revealed that capital contributes a ratio of about 35.88% of economic growth, while the remaining ratio or 64.12% represents the contribution of the labor factor. The contribution of the total factor productivity (TFP) was also estimated and amounted to approximately 100% or more in some of the MENA region countries such as Iran. In this study, total factor productivity (TFP) was chosen to reflect technical progress. In the second stage, the study aimed at the determination of the main factors influencing total factor productivity as the revealed principal source of economic growth, while focusing on the role of political stability in realizing sustainable growth. The results of the first stage- consisting of the time series of the disembodied factors and the total factor productivity figures obtained through the estimation of the residuals of the abovementioned regression function- were used in the second stage analysis. The study revealed that political stability had a strong significant positive effect on total factor productivity; and the open-door trading policy had a similar effect. The human resource development index, direct foreign investment, government spending and fixed capital formation showed also positive significant effects while price instability had an insignificant effect on total factor productivity during the study period.

ISSN: 2636-2562

عناصر مشابهة